Monday 30 April 2018

The Tattoo Thief - by Alison Belsham

Title: The Tattoo Thief
Author: Alison Belsham
Series: -
Published: 3 May 2018
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis:
A policeman on his first murder case
A tattoo artist with a deadly secret
And a twisted serial killer sharpening his blades to kill again...

When Brighton tattoo artist Marni Mullins discovers a flayed body, newly-promoted DI Francis Sullivan needs her help. There's a serial killer at large, slicing tattoos from his victims' bodies while they're still alive. Marni knows the tattooing world like the back of her hand, but has her own reasons to distrust the police. So when she identifies the killer's next target, will she tell Sullivan or go after the Tattoo Thief alone?



One, two, cut a tattoo
Three, four, flay some more
Five, six, my bloody fix
Seven, eight, will not wait

I received this book as an ebook from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

There were some characters dealing with things that was nice to see in a book. Multiple Sclerosis (MS) was mentioned as Francis' mother and sister have it,  Francis went to church regularly, and Marni has diabetes. The down side was that diabetes was only mentioned at the start and during the end scene.

While reading the book, I did have many questions, but pretty much all of them were answered. Questions such as: Who's Paul? Who's the Collector? Did the Thief kill Ron? Who's Luke?

It was quite fun to try and guess who he Thief and the Collector were as the book went on too. I'm sure that I guessed nearly all the characters in my quest to find out who it was. I guessed Rory, Steve, Thierry, Paul, Bradshaw, and Tom Fitz to name a few. The real answer as to who the Thief and Collector were did shock me a bit though.

There are multiple points of view in the book, and they're not in a pattern so it did take me a little to figure out who was up to what at the start of each chapter. 

Spoilers!

Finding out that Marni and Thierry were targets was another shock.


Also, when I found out that the Thief was a woman, I actually had to stop reading to try and wrap my brain around that piece of information. It was a bit disappointing that I wasn't able to correctly guess who the Thief was as we had never officially met her along the way.


End Spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment